Tuesday, July 2, 2013

2013 Garden

 Both beets and carrots are in the same kind of raised grow bed. (Mom, I will never be able to have a garden down on the ground, but that is OK by me!) 






This is the one plant that looked the worst when they were sick! It is now the biggest and best looking one! Thanks for all you help mom!!! I wouldn't be this far without you and all your help in the years growing up! I may not have been listening then but I guess some of it did sink in! Thanks a bunch for all your help this year though Facebook and a few phone calls! 


We went outside last night to look at a storm that was rolling in so I took a new picture of my tomato! I sure can't wait to eat home grown tomatoes!! YUMMY!!


The up close picture in the corner is what every group of blackberries looks like! I'm going to have at least a million this year and I am still eating bags upon bags of last years! Not sure what I'm going to do with all these berries and to think they all get to be the size of someones thumb!!


Some new smoothies are coming up next!! Now that I have a hang of this blogging thing it sure is getting easier and easier! 

Until next time.................

3 comments:

  1. We are so PROUD of you and your garden!! It looks beautiful! That is a great accomplishment for things to look so lush and growing so well. Are you sure you got the dates on the beets right? Did you mean some to be June? I can use the frozen blackberries to make juice/jelly so don't worry if you can't get them all eaten. Just keep up with the ones that are getting ripe and freeze them. Mark them with the date so I know the old from the new. Hopefully the peas will make it through the heat.....they don't like heat and will make pea pods the size of one pea and quit. Are you giving the grapes Miracle Grow? It would help them, I think. Amazing how the tomatoes turned from so sick to healthy! The carrots look so good! We have not been happy buying carrots all year! They just do not taste like home grown ones do. I am hoping we can make it home before corn season is over so we can freeze lots. It is so much better than canned! And the way we do it is so easy!! We taught Anna May how last year and used the V-slicer.

    Well, again so proud of you!! Great job! oxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mom. Yep sure did mean JUNE! LOL Oh well! I'll see if maybe I can fix it. Yeah I gave the grapes MG once. I just bought carrots from Costco and they just don't have that crisp sweet crunch. I just was taking the trash out and went and checked on a few things. I have the cutest little zucchini right now. It's about 3 inches long. Now I just have to remember it in a couple days. The yellow squash are just starting to be visible. There are peas on the plants. They are about 2 or so inches long. Makes my mouth water looking at them.

      I better go lay a sweet baby down before it's too late for a last nap. LOVE YOU!! XOXOXOXOX

      Delete
  2. Um, you might want to check that zuke tomorrow. On the farm we had to pick every day as they grew so fast and sometimes in the morning and evening! Especially in the heat you are having! The yellow squash will grow about as fast too. Do the pods have peas in them yet? Watch them close or you will miss their tender size. Pick them when they are about the size of half a normal pea size. Hope that made sense! Eat one and see how they taste.

    ReplyDelete