Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I'll say it again....I'm not very good at keeping up with this! :) 

I'm going to really really try to do better at keeping this up!

I became a stay at home mom right before Thanksgiving 2012 which was the best decision for not only myself but my family. I now watch 3 little girls during the week. It's what I love to do! There is a HUGE problem with it..........I've become a lot less active then when I was a front end supervisor at Wal-Mart. Needless to say it has resulted in me being heavier then when I was 9 months pregnant. It it just too easy to eat junk food all day! Not that I feed the kids junk food. I'm sorry to post these pictures but this is my turning point. I'm DONE looking like this. I am SO tired all the time and I've GOT to change not only for myself but for Randall and Nicholas, too.



I weighed myself yesterday for the first time in a LONG time and I shouldn't have. YUCK!!! I refuse to say just how much yuck there is here but that will change. This won't be a crash diet but a change in eating habits and for now nightly walks (weather permitting.....it's been raining the last 2 days.)
I started actually eating/drinking breakfast yesterday. This week I'm starting pretty slow and have just had a few home-made smoothies and had lots of fresh fruit instead of doughnuts and cookies. Yesterday I had an Avocado Smoothie for breakfast that was actually VERY VERY good. I don't care for Avocados much but I know they are super good for me so I thought I would give this a try. I found the recipe at http://www.bhg.com/recipe/avocado-smoothie/




Today for breakfast I had a Blueberry Swirl Smoothie and I also found at   http://www.bhg.com/recipe/blueberry-swirly-smoothies/



These smoothies and others that I will post become my night time snack (we might have a bad habit of eating a bowl of ice cream every night) as I am starting the Slim Fast 3-2-1 diet, well as soon as I get it! I was checking prices and found that http://www.walmart.com/ has a special one month package of just about everything you need. You get to pick our own flavors and everything! Besides my fresh fruits and veggies and dinners I won't have to do much thinking about breakfast, lunch and snacks.

On a much cuter note....

I LOVE THIS KID.......

Ok....Ok...I'll stop! But I can guarantee there WILL be more!! 






























2 comments:

  1. I missed this post. You GO, Girl. It's not easy, but worth it. Felt so much better when I lost 40 pounds after having Sam.
    I'm going to have to try avocado in a smoothie, I've heard it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure wish it was as easy to lose weight as it is to gain it!

    I have gained 25 lbs since being here in Omaha! My diabetes is probably running rampant but I don't want to go to a dr. here. I will go when we get home though. This is not good on my kidneys.

    Hopefully this one will post! oxoxo

    ReplyDelete